Sunday, March 22, 2009

Life's Most Precious Gift

Friendships and relationships truly are “ships” that can take us to wonderful friendly exotic lands or leave us shipwrecked on a very strange and lonely rock. I read a study a while back comparing the social changes of our society of today, to that of 40 years ago. Back then almost everybody had one or two close friends they could confide in; today it is increasingly rare to find such people, a very sad commentary of our "contemporary" lifestyle.

I, like most of us have had a mixture of both the good and the bad relationships. I place a high value on them; as a result I work at my relationships. I spend a lot of time studying relationships that actually work, particularly monogamous relationships. I have learned so many valuable skills and concepts that have helped me and others too. They may not realize it, but when we change for the better, our friends change too. That’s about the only way we can change anybody, is by changing ourselves.

IF, I would have known what I now know; life would have been different for me, but it is what it is; all I can change is the present. My friends aren't any more imperfect than I am; we are just good people doing the best we can. In a nutshell that is who I am and I am pleased that you too have found value in that. Where would we be if it weren't for intimate relationships; nowhere, because we wouldn't exist? So, I am grateful for all my relatives and ancestors too. Half of them are women and half of them are men. They have all helped shape me into the man that I am.
I study what is known as deep psychology. To me, this is what my life has been about. So many questions seem to be answered by my studies. To me personally it is about the man I am becoming, not about a sheepskin on my office wall. I really don't think that I am that much smarter. I work hard with integrity and always do my very best. Sometimes that can be stressful but it is short lived. I'll be hard at it again soon, but always have time for my friends for a talk or a hike or send them a card just to let them know they are someone special.
I really love what I’m studying. I always was a "good" student, even when I hated high school, I was still good. My college years were some of the best years of my life. The experience opened up so many aspects of my personality that I knew little about. I was blessed with many wonderful mentors and professors that didn't just think outside of the box; they weren't even in the box; that’s a good place to be (if you are ethical, honest and truly seek only the best for others) a tradition I carry by standing on their shoulders.
My writing skills have improved dramatically over my lifetime, my papers are long, and my grades are amazing. The capstone of my studies will be my dissertation; that's my marathon. It is exciting. It scares me a little and excites me a lot; so that is a great goal for me. I hope to write my dissertation on a subject of general interest to the public about relationships; to prevent some of the thousands of broken hearts, shattered childhoods and lost dreams that we see every day.
As far as finding a "soul mate" I believe they are real and that we each have one. It would make sense that it is easier to find our "soul group" and with any kind of 'luck' our soul mate will be in that group. So look in the groups that are really important to you personally. It’s also important to love the ones we are with and always talk to those we make eye contact with. Relationships and friendships are truly, "life's most precious gift". Please take good care of yours.

Thanx for reading with me,

I've enjoyed it and I hope you have too.
Have a wonderful day,
Love, Light and

Many Small Miracles,
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment